找回密码
 注册
Simdroid-非首页
查看: 524|回复: 36

recite New Concept English and English words?

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-8-21 14:18:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式 来自 江苏苏州
How many of you have ever had experience in reciting New Concept English and English words?
Back when I was in college, my favorite essay is the New Concept English and I read it loud in the morning.
Now I want to review these articles and recite one lesson and 50 new words every morning. Just practice my perseverance.

I ask myself: which one you want to be, Kafka or Hemingway?

[ 本帖最后由 hero1_1985 于 2007-8-21 14:35 编辑 ]
 楼主| 发表于 2007-8-21 15:05:09 | 显示全部楼层 来自 江苏苏州
Simdroid开发平台
也就第一课熟悉,先打上来当作是今天的好了.
We can read of things that happened 5000 years ago in the near east, where first people learn to write.

But there are some parts of the world even now people can not write. The only way they can preserve their history is to recount it as sagas. Legends hand down from one generation of storytellers to another. These legends are useful because they can tell us something about migration of people who live long ago, but none could write down what they did.

Anthropologists wondered where the remote ancestor of **people now living in the pacific island came from. The sagas of these people explained that they came from Indonesia about 2000 years ago.

But the first people who were like ourselves, lived so long ago that even their sagas, if they had any, are forgotten. So archaeologists have neither history nor sagas to help them to find out where the first modern man came from.

Fortunately, ancient man made tools of stone, especially flint, because it is easier to shape than other kind. They may also used woods and skins, but these have rotted away. Stones, does not decay. So the tools of long ago remained even the bone of man who made them have disappeared without trace.

评分

查看全部评分

回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-21 15:37:39 | 显示全部楼层 来自 广东广州
When there was still no writing,people used to record the amount  in kn.~~soon they felt confused about these ties signs-the beginning of writing character emerged as the times require~
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-8-21 15:47:06 | 显示全部楼层 来自 江苏苏州

回复 #3 zye 的帖子

You are quite familiar with the origin of the writing and the specifics.
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-21 16:05:11 | 显示全部楼层 来自 广东广州
ha,I used to write a article about it as my home work, and I can always read such kind of articles in the paper~~~
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-22 03:07:39 | 显示全部楼层 来自 美国
a(n) article  haha

article ~~ paper ?
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-22 03:24:51 | 显示全部楼层 来自 美国
原帖由 hero1_1985 于 2007-8-21 14:18 发表
How many of you have ever had experience in reciting New Concept English and English words?
Back when I was in college, my favorite essay is the New Concept English and I read it loud in the mor ...

Join our Skype group then. We would like to hear you read some New Concept English essays for us.
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-8-22 08:31:16 | 显示全部楼层 来自 江苏苏州
Great, but I'm afraid it does not work out this week. The internet in my home is temporarily out of service
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-8-22 08:51:17 | 显示全部楼层 来自 江苏苏州
今天的课文
why are may wonder, should spiders be our friends? Because they destroy so many insects and insects include some of the greatest enemies of human race. Insects would make us impossible to live in the world, they would devour our crops and kill our flocks and herds if it were not for the insects eating animals. we own a lot to the birds and beasts which eat insects, but all of them put together kill only a fraction of number destroyed by spiders. Moreover, unlike some of the other insect eaters, spiders never do the least harm to us or our belongings.

Spiders are not insects, as many people think, nor nearly relate to them. The spiders always have eight legs, but insects never more than six.

How many spiders are engaged in this work in our behalf? One authority of spiders made a census of the spiders in a grass field in the south of England, and he estimated that there are more than ---in one acre. That is some thing like ---spiders of different kinds on a football pitch. Spiders are busy for at least half the year in killing insects. It is impossible to make more than the wildest guess at how many they kill. But they are hungry creatures, not content with only three meals a day. It has been estimated that the weight of all the insects destroyed by spiders in Britain in one year would be greater than the total weight of all the human being in the country.
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-22 09:14:30 | 显示全部楼层 来自 广东广州
原帖由 perch88 于 2007-8-22 03:07 发表
a(n) article  haha

article ~~ paper ?

作文~~试卷~~~
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-22 09:35:00 | 显示全部楼层 来自 美国
essay~~test~~ ??
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-22 09:42:12 | 显示全部楼层 来自 广东广州
原帖由 perch88 于 2007-8-22 09:35 发表
essay~~test~~ ??

Sounds better than mine

My Correction:

ha,I used to write a article (essay) about it as my home work, and I can always read such kind of articles in the paper (test)~~
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-22 11:26:31 | 显示全部楼层 来自 广东东莞
原帖由 perch88 于 2007-8-22 03:24 发表

Join our Skype group then. We would like to hear you read some New Concept English essays for us.

Agree!
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-8-23 08:34:21 | 显示全部楼层 来自 江苏苏州
今天课文
Modern alpinists try to climb mountains by a route which will give them good sport, and the more difficult it is, the more highly it is regarded.
In the pioneering days, however, this was not the case at all. The early climbers were looking for the easiest way to the top because the summit was the prize they sought, especially if it had never been attained before. It is true that during their explorations they often faced difficulties and dangers of the most perilous nature, equipped in a manner which would make a modern climber shudder at the thought, but they did not go out of their way to court such excitement. They had a single aim, a solitary goal--the top!
It is hard for us to realize nowadays how difficult it was for the pioneers. Except for one or two places such as --- and--, which had rapidly become popular, Alpine villages tended to be impoverished settlements cut off from civilization by the high mountains. Such inns as there were generally dirty and flea-ridden; the food simply local cheese accompanied by bread often twelve months old, all washed down with coarse wine. Often a valley boasted no inn at all, and climbers found shelter wherever they could--sometimes with the local priest (who was usually as poor as his parishioners), sometimes with or cheese makers. Invariably the background was the same: dirt and poverty, and very uncomfortable. For men accustomed to eating seven-course dinners and sleeping between fine linen sheets at home, the change to the Alps must have been very hard indeed.

评分

查看全部评分

回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-23 12:27:00 | 显示全部楼层 来自 美国
Did you recite them all?
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-8-23 12:31:02 | 显示全部楼层 来自 江苏苏州
Try my best,not very fluent actually.

[ 本帖最后由 hero1_1985 于 2007-8-23 12:33 编辑 ]
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-23 16:22:31 | 显示全部楼层 来自 广东东莞

回复 #16 hero1_1985 的帖子

Are you recite a lesson every day?
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-8-23 16:31:46 | 显示全部楼层 来自 江苏苏州

回复 #17 fan2008 的帖子

No, I try to recite a lesson at a workday.
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-23 22:03:17 | 显示全部楼层 来自 广东东莞

回复 #18 hero1_1985 的帖子

That's wonderful
I am a poor English,I ever studyed New Concept English two months ago,
I recited 2 or3 lessons in a week,I always want to conquer English.
Becacause……
But I don't go on class recently!
Let‘s play up all together!
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-23 23:58:15 | 显示全部楼层 来自 美国
I think it is reasonable to recite NC#3 or lower coz those are possibly used more frequently. You can’t remember or recite texts and keep them in mind always if you don’t use.
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|小黑屋|联系我们|仿真互动网 ( 京ICP备15048925号-7 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 02:36 , Processed in 0.045539 second(s), 16 queries , Gzip On, MemCache On.