找回密码
 注册
Simdroid-非首页
查看: 106|回复: 2

heat transfer coefficient

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-1-30 04:39:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式 来自 英国
Hi, anyone can give me idea, how can I calculate heat transfer coefficient.
My problem is a alu housing containing electrical  device, which generating heat.
The housing has complicated shape and ambient temparature is 60 C. Anyone can tell me, how can I use Ansys CFD to calculate heat transfer coefficient, which parameters do I need?

Many thanks!
发表于 2010-1-30 23:20:23 | 显示全部楼层 来自 美国
Simdroid开发平台
本帖最后由 courageddt 于 2010-1-31 08:39 编辑

Hi, James

It seems that you encountered with a heat sink simulation problem. So far as I know, in order to build this model you shuold know the temperatures on the surface of the heat sink and the heat generation rate of your ALU. These will conjure up the concept of heat transfer coefficient associated with convection, a proportionality coefficient between the heat flux, Q/(AΔt), and the thermodynamic driving force for the flow of heat ΔT (in your problem). Considering radiation, you are also supposed to know the emissvity and absorptivity of your model, of course you know the Stefan-Boltzmann Constant 5.67*10exp(-8)  W/(m^2/K) ). So, S*h*(T_surf-T_ambient)+S*ε*σ*(T_ambient^4-T_surf^4)="The rate of change in energy storage", may be in the form of an integral (the heat sink consists of different materials).

By the way, there are  2 kinds of heat transfer types, convection and radiation, on the bounding surface . Hopefully, you may obtain 2 heat transfer coefficients associated with them, respectively, or a summation of them.

Hope that may help.
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-2-2 05:47:33 | 显示全部楼层 来自 英国
Thanks for your advices, courageddt! You are right, I am doing heat sink simulation. For the housing with complex shape I need calculate the heat transfer coefficient either through analytical way(using nusselt number and prandt nummer) or CFD. I am facing free convection and forced convection as well. Meanwhile I need consider the radiation effect(black housing). Because the FE Model has been built already with thermal Solid 92 element. Could you please tell me, can I or how should I define radiation directly in Ansys9.0 in my solid model? How can I run a forced convection in Ansys9.0, do I need a CFD simulation?
Sorry for my long questions. I am really a new comer with thermal problem.

Many thanks in advance!
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Simapps系列直播

Archiver|小黑屋|联系我们|仿真互动网 ( 京ICP备15048925号-7 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 21:45 , Processed in 0.027971 second(s), 10 queries , Gzip On, MemCache On.