找回密码
 注册
Simdroid-非首页
楼主: hero1_1985

recite New Concept English and English words?

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2007-8-24 08:24:47 | 显示全部楼层 来自 江苏苏州
I do not think so.
The NCE4 benefits to the academic writing and is quite suitable for the analytical writing test.
Reciting the NCE is not for the speaking but  the logic and convincing writing style.:lol

And I think  South Park  is a reasonable choice for improving oral english.
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-8-24 08:51:16 | 显示全部楼层 来自 江苏苏州
Simdroid开发平台
By the way, I do like that evil thing which challenges all the good and pure human being.
I just heard about it from a teacher.

今天的课文
People are always talking about the problem of youth. If there is one --which I take leave to doubt--then it is older people who create it, not the young themselves. Let us get down to fundamentals and agree that the young are after all human beings--people just like their elders. There is only one difference between an old man and a young one: the young man has a glorious future before him and the old one has a splendid future behind him: and maybe that is where the rub is.

When I was a teenager, I felt that I was just young and uncertain--that I was a new boy in a huge school, and I would have been very pleased to be regarded as something so interesting as a problem. For one thing, being a problem gives you a certain identity, and that is one of the things the young are busily engaged in seeking.

I find young people exciting. They have an air of freedom, and they have not a dreary commitment to mean ambitions or love of comfort. They are not anxious social climbers, and they have no devotion to material things. All this seems to me to link them with life, and the origins of things. It's as if they were in some sense cosmic beings in violent an lovely contrast with us suburban creatures. All that is in my mind when I meet a young person. He may be conceited, ill mannered, presumptuous of fatuous, but I do not turn for protection to dreary clichés about respect for elders--as if mere age were a reason for respect. I accept that we are equals, and I will argue with him, as an equal, if I think he is wrong.
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-24 12:31:47 | 显示全部楼层 来自 美国
Where is South Park?
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-8-24 12:52:26 | 显示全部楼层 来自 江苏苏州
Maybe a small village in Colorado ,America.
I got the answer in google.(PS: I like watching NARUTO rather than SOUTHPARK)
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-24 13:00:12 | 显示全部楼层 来自 广东广州
原帖由 hero1_1985 于 2007-8-24 12:52 发表
Maybe a small village in Colorado ,America.
I got the answer in google.(PS: I like watching NARUTO rather than SOUTHPARK)

I like NARUTO too,~~
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-8-24 13:09:19 | 显示全部楼层 来自 江苏苏州

回复 #25 zye 的帖子

Really?
Which part do you like most?
火 影 Hokage
旗木卡卡西 Hatake Kakashi
旋涡鸣人 Uzumaki Naruto
宇智波佐助 Uchiha Sasuke
春野樱 Haruno Sakura
凯 Gai
日向宁次 Hyuga Neji
李洛克 Rock Lee
天天 Tenten
猿飞阿斯玛 Sarutobi Asuma
山中井野 Yamanaka Ino
奈良鹿丸 Nara Shikamaru
秋道丁次 Akimichi Choji
夕日红 Yuuhi Kurenai
日向雏田 Hyuga Hinata
油女志乃 Aburame Shino
犬冢牙 Inuzuka Kiba
赤丸 Akamaru
桃地再不斩 Momochi Zabuza
白 Haku
大蛇丸 Orochimaru
自来也 Jiraiya
纲手 Tsunade
药师兜 Yakushi Kabuto
我爱罗 Gaara
勘九郎 Kankuro
手鞠 Temari
月光疾风 Gekkou Hayate
御手洗红豆 Mitarashi Anko
森乃伊比喜 Morino Ibiki
日向花火 Hyuga Hanabi
日向日足 Hyuga Hiashi
日向日差 Hyuga Hizashi
水木 Mizuki
伊鲁卡 Iruka
惠比斯 Ebisu
木叶丸 Konohamaru
宇智波鼬 Uchiha Itachi
干柿鬼鲛 Hoshigaki Kisame
九尾 Kyubi
蛤蟆文太 GamaBunta
癞蛤蟆吉 GamaKichi
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-24 13:37:02 | 显示全部楼层 来自 美国
And I think  South Park  is a reasonable choice for improving oral english.
                                                                                        ~~~

by watching NARUTO?
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-24 13:39:19 | 显示全部楼层 来自 美国
  《南方公园》的原装英文版名称为《South Park》,其他译法包括《衰仔乐园》或《南方四贱客》,是美国喜剧中心(Comedy Central)制作的一部动画剧集,由Matt Stone和Trey Parker创作。1997年首播,至今已播到第10季。主角为科罗拉多州南方公园镇的四名8岁的男孩。节目采用了模仿静态纸板动画的画风。南方公园经常通过歪曲式的摹仿来讽刺和嘲弄美国文化和社会时事的方方面面,挑战了许多根深蒂固的观念和禁忌。
  《南方公园》以特有的突兀方式解读时事,并因此声名鹊起。例如,在古巴男孩埃里安·冈萨雷斯被遣返案在美国闹得沸沸扬扬之时,当时播出的那集南方公园里,就讲到了一个关于罗马尼亚五胞胎被遣返回国的故事。故事里,美国首席检察官Janet Reno被塑造成了一个杀人的复活节兔子。2001年九一一袭击事件之后播出的那一集里,四个男孩偷乘军用运输机去了阿富汗,在那里他们见到了本·拉登。在“永远的好朋友”这一集里,索尼PSP(掌上游戏机)和植物人特丽·夏沃的安乐死案,以及电影《康斯坦丁》和《星空战士》都被拿来讽刺了一番。这一集制作于索尼PSP发行后的一周,首播于2005年3月30日晚,不到12个小时以后,植物人特丽·夏沃死亡。《南方公园》剧集因为这一集得到了一项艾美奖。
  《南方公园》第十季的前半段于2006年3月22日开始播映。这个节目的播出季通常分为两部份。前半段在春季播出,第二段在秋季(对于北美而言)。Matt和Trey称节目的播出为“runs”,部份原因是每集大多在一周的时间内制作出来,距离首播时间很近。目前南方公园还有更多的三季正在筹划制作中,这样这部动画剧集至少会播出到2009年。这使得南方公园成为美国电视史上继《辛普森一家》和《King of the Hill》(暂译:山丘之王)之后播出时间最长的成人动画剧集之一。
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-24 13:45:44 | 显示全部楼层 来自 美国
NARUTO is american style at least. south park has English accent. i don't like that

i am too old to enjoy comics
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-8-24 13:55:20 | 显示全部楼层 来自 江苏苏州
原帖由 perch88 于 2007-8-24 13:45 发表
NARUTO is american style at least.

:L :L :L :L :L
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-24 13:57:02 | 显示全部楼层 来自 美国
I mean the songs
it is japanese originally
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-24 13:58:26 | 显示全部楼层 来自 广东广州
原帖由 hero1_1985 于 2007-8-24 13:09 发表
Really?
Which part do you like most?
火 影 Hokage
旗木卡卡西 Hatake Kakashi
旋涡鸣人 Uzumaki Naruto
宇智波佐助 Uchiha Sasuke
春野樱 Haruno Sakura
凯 Gai
日向宁次 Hyuga Neji
李 ...

hehe ,I like all of them,and I've enjoyed it again and agian~~
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-8-24 17:09:21 | 显示全部楼层 来自 江苏苏州
I like Rock Lee most, because he is a Chinese and the drunken appearance is cute.

[ 本帖最后由 hero1_1985 于 2007-8-24 17:13 编辑 ]

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-8-29 08:26:47 | 显示全部楼层 来自 江苏苏州
I asked for a leave for 2days to Shanghai for a trip.

I am always amazed when I hear people saying that sport creates goodwill between nations, and that if only the common peoples of the world could meet one another at football or cricket, they would have no inclination to meet on the battlefield. Even if one did not know from the concrete examples (the 1936 Olympic Game, for instance) that international sport contests lead to orgies of hatred, one could deduce it from general principles.

Nearly all the sports practiced nowadays are competitive. You play to win, and the game has little meaning unless you do your utmost to win. On the village green, where you pick up sides and no feeling of local patriotism is involved, it is possible to play simply for the fun and exercise: but as soon as the question of prestige arises, as soon as you feel that you and some larger unit will be disgrace if you lose, the most savage combative instincts are aroused. Anyone who had play even in school football match knows this. At in international level, sport is frankly mimic warfare. But the significant thing is not the behavior of player but the attitude of the spectators: and, behind the spectators, of the nations who work themselves into furies over these absurd contests, and seriously believe-at any rate for short periods-that running, jumping and kicking a ball are the test of national virtue.
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-8-29 17:18:52 | 显示全部楼层 来自 英国
Haha, I still remember the following (read it some 10 ys ago)

The only way they can preserve their history is to recount it as sagas- legends handed down from one generation of storytellers to another

Insects would make us impossible to live in the world they would devour our crops and kill our flocks and herds if it were not for THE PROTECTION WE GET FROM the insect-eating (?) animals.
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-8-31 11:44:40 | 显示全部楼层 来自 江苏苏州
今天课文

Chickens slaughtered in the United States, claim officials in Brussels, are not fit to grace European tables. No, say the American: our fowl are fine, we simply clean them in a different way. These days, it is differences in national regulations, far more than tariffs that put sand in the wheels of trade between rich countries. It is not just farmers who are complaining. An electric razor that meets the European Union's safety standards must be approved by American testers before it can be sold in the United States, and an American-made dialysis machine needs the EU's okay before is hits the market in Europe.

As it happens, a razor that is safe in Europe is unlikely to electrocute Americans. So, ask businesses on both sides of the Atlantic, why have two lots of tests where one would do? Politicians agree, in principle, so America and the EU have been trying to reach a deal which would eliminate the need to double-test many products. They hope to finish in time for a trade summit between America and the EU on May 28. Although negotiators are optimistic, the details are complex enough that they may be hard-pressed to get a deal at all.

Why? One difficulty is to construct the agreements. The Americans would happily reach one accord on standards for medical devices and they hammer out different pacts covering, say, electronic goods and drug manufacturing. The EU -- following fine continental traditions -- wants agreement on general principles, which could be applied to many types of products and perhaps extended to other countries.

评分

查看全部评分

回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-9-3 18:45:30 | 显示全部楼层 来自 江苏苏州
In the organization of industrial life the influence of the factory upon the physiological and mental state of the workers has been completely neglected. Modern industry is based on the conception of the maximum production at lowest cost,in order that an individual or a group of individuals may earn as much money as possible. It has expanded without any idea of the true nature of the human beings who run the machines,and without giving any consideration to the effects produced on the individuals and on their descendants by the artificial mode of existence imposed by the factory. The great cities have been built with no regard for us. The shape and dimensions of the skyscrapers depend entirely on the necessity of obtaining the maximum income per square foot of ground,and of offering to the tenants offices and apartments that please them. This caused the construction of gigantic buildings where too large masses of human beings are crowded together. Civilized men like such a way of living.While they enjoy the comfort and banal luxury of their dwelling,they do not realize that they are deprived of the necessities of life. The modern city consists of monstrous edifices and of dark,narrow streets full of petrol fumes,coal dust,and toxic gases,torn by the noise of the taxi-cabs,lorries and buses,and thronged ceaselessly by great crowds. Obviously,it has no been planned for the goods of its inhabitants.
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|小黑屋|联系我们|仿真互动网 ( 京ICP备15048925号-7 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 20:43 , Processed in 0.035836 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, MemCache On.