找回密码
 注册
Simdroid-非首页
查看: 106|回复: 4

[CFX/ICEMCFD] cfx: rotating solid domain in stationary fluid domain

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-1-8 04:33:57 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式 来自 美国
I tried to rotate a solid impeller in a stationary fluid domain. What's I am trying to do is that the solid impeller rotates by itself and pushes the surrounding fluid.

The reason I need a solid domain instead of making a cutout from the fluid is that I actually want to do a conjugate heat transfer simulation.

I set the the solid impeller as a rotating domain, and the fluid as a stationary domain. And tried various options for the interface between solid and fluid. But none of them worked. It seems that the rotating solid impeller has no effect on the fluid flow.

Could anybody guide me? Thanks a lot.
发表于 2010-1-8 06:36:37 | 显示全部楼层 来自 北京
Simdroid开发平台
抓个图出来,说明你想问的问题。
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-1-8 07:03:02 | 显示全部楼层 来自 美国
2# eddyjames

As shown in the picture1, there are two domains. the big one is the fluid domain, and the small one is the solid impeller which is located at the center of the fluid domain.

The fluid domain is stationary and the impeller is rotating by itself. A inlet boundary condition is applied at one side of the fluid domain, and a outlet at the other side.

What I expected from the simulation is that the fluid will be pushed by the rotating impeller to rotate. But the result shows that the fluid flows by the impeller just like the impeller is not rotating at all.

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-8 10:37:57 | 显示全部楼层 来自 加拿大
You can try to increase the rotating speed of impeller.
回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-1-8 21:26:25 | 显示全部楼层 来自 美国
4# hjli6

Thanks for suggestion.

As you adviced, I increased the impeller rotation speed by 100 times. But still cannot see the impeller effect on the flow profile.

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复 不支持

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|小黑屋|联系我们|仿真互动网 ( 京ICP备15048925号-7 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-16 15:51 , Processed in 0.038311 second(s), 14 queries , Gzip On, MemCache On.